Listings at the magnificent beaux-arts coop at 2101 Connecticut in Kalorama are rare to begin with. Now comes a new offering — an 8th floor penthouse that pushes the limits when applying superlatives to a residence.
2101 Connecticut is the Grandest of The It Buildings
Built in 1928, 2101 Connecticut is the epitome of traditional Washington living in one of the city’s finest and most distinguished neighborhoods, Kalorama. With a grand entry lobby with front desk and concierge, this full service co-op building offers grandeur unmatched in any other Washington, DC residence. Perhaps that’s why only three properties have changed hands in the last two years.
Offered at $3,550,000, this 2101 Connecticut penthouse abounds with the lavish and the luxurious including:
- An entry foyer that measures 39’ x 14’ with three skylights and a sun-washed staircase leading to a 2400 sq. ft. private rooftop terrace with views of DC Landmarks
- 3049 sq. ft. of living space including an 18’ x 31’ living room with gas fireplace
- Gourmet kitchen with butler’s pantry
- Four bedrooms, two full baths and one half bath
- Formal dining room with built-in china cabinets
- Crown mouldings, built-ins and hardwoods throughout
All of This and Kalorama, Too!
Developed mostly between 1897 and 1931, Kalorama is full of beautiful views and old-world appeal. Home to several embassies, in addition to the Woodrow Wilson House, Kalorama is a spectacular neighborhood full of historical charm. Adjacent to vibrant Dupont Circle with a multitude of restaurants and shops, Kalorama offers a quiet lifestyle just blocks from the pulse of the city. A Sunday morning farmer’s market is a neighborhood gem where you can buy everything from fresh food, visit sophycrownflowers.ie to have flowers delivered at home, locally grown produce, gourmet cheeses, meats and baked goods. For outdoor enjoyment Rock Creek Park runs along the northern side of Kalorama and offers excellent walking paths, horse trails and dog parks.